Runmageddon Sahara 2019 Maroko 12/17.03.2019
Here it is - another extreme event in the sands of the hot Sahara! A Moroccan desert and mourderous distance of epic running challenge!
On the route you will have to face natural obstacles (rocky ridges, water and mud in river pools) as well as those well known from Polish editions of Runmageddon.
Are you ready for this adventure of a lifetime?
Sign up just now and get your package in the price!
An adventure of a lifetime, extreme challenge and breathtaking landscapes all in once? The answer is Runmageddon Sahara!
In Morocco you can choose between three formulas of the run:
- Sahara 50 – three stages obstacle run; dozen kilometres to cover per day, total distance of 50 km
- Sahara 120 - three stages obstacle run; over 40 km to cover per day; total distance of 120 km
- Sahara 120 - three stages run; total distance of 120 km; no obstacles
You decide which challenge you take – if you choose Sahara 50 formula each day of the race you will have the opportunity to take on optional Sahara 120 distance! The brave ones who will choose this formula on each of three days will cover the total distance of over 120 km! Are you a real fighter? Sahara 120 formula is a murderous distance with no obstacles is perfect for you!
You don’t have to pay the full price now! Complete the advance payment of 700 Euro and book yourself a lower package price!
Sahara Desert in Southern Morocco
12. – 17. March 2019*
*The date of the event may vary
IS IT WORTH IT?
Of course it is! You will meet a group of awesome sport freaks who will accompany you in the adventure of a lifetime! See the amazing landscapes and experience the epic satisfaction on the finish line! Blood, sweat, wild heat and most of all - unbelievable fun!
If you are not sure yet we encourage you to follow the Runmageddon Global fanpage on facebook and join the Runmageddon Sahara 2019 event!
Check out what the pioneers of Runmageddon Sahara have to tell you!
You can sign in just now! The first step to book a place in the event is completing the advance payment!
THE SOONER YOU COMPLETE THE ADVANCE PAYMENT, THE LOWER WILL BE THE TOTAL PACKAGE PRICE!
I. THE ORGANIZER
The ORGANIZERS of the RUNMAGEDDON SAHARA EVENT, hereinafter referred to “THE EVENT” are:
• EXTREME EVENTS limited liability company with its the registered office of EXTREME EVENTS limited liability company in Warsaw (02-758), street: Śródziemnomorska 35, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under the number 0000595982, with the share capital of PLN 9,000 PLN
• Logistics company
II. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE EVENT
1. THE EVENT is a multi-stage trail run with routes delineated in unpopulated desert areas.
2. The basic format of the race is the SAHARA 50 type, during which the PARTICIPANTS will cover a distance of at least 50 km.
3. The optional format is the SAHARA 100 type with a daily distance of at least 30 kilometres.
4. THE EVENT PARTICIPANTS may decide to take part in the SAHARA 100 type run before the start of each stage.
5. Information regarding the participation in the SAHARA 100 formula must be provided by the PARTICIPANT to the ORGANIZER at the latest before the start of the check-in for the given stage of THE EVENT.
6. The ORGANIZER measures the time of each participant in hours, minutes and seconds.
7. PARTICIPANTS who achieve the best times in both types of runs will be rewarded with points at each stage, which will be the basis for the final classification of THE EVENT. The top ten SAHARA 50 PARTICIPANTS shall be awarded 10 points for 1st place and up to 1 point for 10th place, respectively, b. the top 20 SAHARA 100 PARTICIPANTS will be awarded 20 points for 1st place up to 1 point for 20th place, respectively.
8. The ORGANIZER has the right to set time limits for finishing each consecutive stage.
9. During THE EVENT, PARTICIPANTS shall be accommodated in tents at a CAMP SITE set up in the desert as well as in hotels.
10. The CAMP SITE is a tent camp equipped with field washbasins, toilets and ORGANIZER’S infrastructure.
11. Only PARTICIPANTS are allowed to participate in THE EVENT, which means the persons who have made the REGISTRATION to participate in the EVENT in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations and who have paid all the required fees to the ORGANIZER’S account in full.
III. DATE AND LOCATION OF THE EVENT
1. THE EVENT shall take place from 12th to 17th March, 2018. ( +/- 1 day). The date is subject to change.
2. THE EVENT will take place in Morocco.
3. In the case of important reasons related to the safety of the PARTICIPANT, the ORGANIZER shall have the right to change the date and/or place of the EVENT, whereby the PARTICIPANTs shall be informed by means of appropriate information on the website of THE EVENT as well as in the form of an e-mail sent to the address provided in the application form not later than 72 hours before the originally planned commencement of THE EVENT. Making any changes in the above respect shall not result in the any additional obligations of the ORGANIZER towards the PARTICIPANT’s claims or any claims of the PARTICIPANT against the ORGANIZER.
1. THE EVENT shall only be entered by persons who are at least 18 years old on the commencement date of THE EVENT.
2. The condition for participation in THE EVENT are as follows:
(a) completion of the application form made available on the website and sending it to the ORGANIZER,
b) payment of the voucher fees in the amount and within the time limits specified in Chapter V of these Regulations,
(c) agreeing to be bound by these Regulations,
(d) acceptance of participation in EVENT at their own risk, bearing in mind the hazards and risks arising from the nature and duration of the run, which may include, but are not limited to, the risk of health harms (deterioration) or the loss of life,
(e) providing separate consent to the processing of the PARTICIPANT’s personal information provided in the application form referred to above for the purposes necessary to carry out THE EVENT by the ORGANIZER,
(f) consent to the free use of the photographic or video footage of the PARTICIPANT in media and promotional material of the ORGANIZER, to the extent specified in paragraph (4) below,
(g) possessing and brining to THE EVENT a passport valid at least until 30 September 2019.
3. A model declaration of consents referred to in paragraph 2(c) to (e) shall be attached as Attachment No 1 to these REGULATIONS.
4. The PARTICIPANT authorizes the ORGANIZER to use their image in the following forms:
(a) consolidation and multiplication by any known technique and distribution in any form,
(b) making available to sponsors and official partners a copy or a duplicate of the image to be used for the promotion of the sponsor or official partner's in relation to their participation in THE EVENT,
(c) storing on a computer and in a multimedia network,
(d) reproduction of the image,
(e) public exhibition, display, reproduction, broadcasting and re-broadcasting, and communication to the public, in such a way which allows anyone to access it from a place and at a time individually chosen by them,
(f) presentation and publication in the press, on websites, on posters and on billboards,
(g) television and radio broadcasting,
h) publishing photographs of the PARTICIPANT taken during the run in the form of photographs from the run.
5. ORGANIZERS shall be entitled to grant official partners and sponsors of The EVENT a sub-licence to use the image referred to above, to the extent not exceeding the scope of the licence granted. The list of official partners and sponsors of THE EVENT is available on the website of THE EVENT.
6. If the list of EVENT PARTICIPANTS is filled, the ORGANIZER may open a reserve list. Inclusion of the PARTICIPANT in the reserve list does not guarantee participation in THE EVENT. The ORGANIZER shall inform the PARTICIPANTS placed on the reserve list about their qualification for participation in THE EVENT not later than 7 days before the commencement of THE EVENT.
V. REGISTRATION AND FEES
1. REGISTRATION for THE EVENT is understood as filling in the application for participation and sending it via the website to the ORGANIZER and paying the VOUUCHER fee.
2. The VOUCHER fee should be paid no later than within 7 days from the date of filling in and sending the application form to the ORGANIZER.
3. The VOUCHER fee shall be paid by bank transfer to the bank account provided in response to the application for participation in THE EVENT, indicating in the transfer title the code generated by the registration system or by the quick payment system made available on the website at the time of registration.
4. If the VOUCHER fee is not paid within 7 days from the date of filling in and sending the application form to the ORGANIZER, the ORGANIZER shall have the right to cancel the application.
5. The number of VOUCHERS which authorise to participate in THE EVENT is limited.
7. The ORGANIZER shall confirm the receipt of the PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION by e-mail sent to the address provided on the application form.
8. Acceptance of the REGISTRATION is determined by the order of crediting the VOUCHER fee to the ORGANIZER’s bank account.
9. The ORGANIZER reserves the right to terminate the sale of the VOUCHERS at any time without giving any reason.
10. The VOUCHER fees paid after the end of the sale or after the exhaustion of available places shall be returned by bank transfer to the sender’s account within 7 days from the moment of delivery of the hand-signed disposition with the indication of the bank account number by the depositor, whose REGISTRATION in THE EVENT has not been accepted.
11. The refusal to accept the REGISTRATION shall be notified to the person making the application at the latest within 7 days from the moment of accounting the VOUCHER fee on the ORGANIZER’s bank account.
12. The amount of the advance payment for the VOUCHER is fixed and amounts to PLN 3,000 gross (in words: three thousand PLN).
13. The total fee for a VOUCHER depends on the date of making an advance payment:
- advance payment until 31.05.2018, price PLN 1,999 euro
- advance payment to 30.06.2018, price PLN 2,099 euro
- advance payment up to 31.07.2018, price PLN 2,199 euro
- advance payment until 31.08.2018, price PLN 2,299 euro
- advance payment to 30.09.2018, price PLN 2,399 euro
- advance payment up to 31.10.2018, price PLN 2,499 euro
- advance payment up to 30.11.2018, price PLN 2,599 euro
- advance payment up to 31.12.2018, price PLN 2,699 euro
- advance payment up to 31.01.2019, price PLN 2,799 euro
- advance payment to 28.02.2019, price PLN 3,099 euro
16. The VOUCHER fee shall be paid by bank transfer to the ORGANIZER's bank account not later than by 15 January 2019.
17. Details regarding the amount of the VOUCHER fee, the bank account number and the date of payment of the fee shall be provided to each PARTICIPANT by e-mail, sent to the address provided by the PARTICIPANT in the application form, upon completion of the REGISTRATION process.
18. Failure to pay the VOUCHER fee within the time limit entitles the ORGANIZER to cancel the PARTICIPANT. PARTICIPANT shall not be entitled to any reimbursement of costs incurred.
19. ORGANIZER reserves the right to change the amount of fees and discounts at any time without giving any reason.
20. The ORGANISER shall inform about the change of the amount of fees or discounts on the website of THE EVENT no later than three days before the changes come into force.
21. The ORGANIZER allows for the possibility of changing the PARTICIPANT's data and transferring the right to participate in THE EVENT to another person after the REGISTRATION process has been completed.
22. The ORGANIZER does not allow for the possibility of participation in THE EVENT by persons who have only paid for the STARTER PACKAGE.
23. The price is applicable for departures from airports in Madrid / Paris / Prague / Berlin / Munich / London. The participant has the right to select the airport of their departure.
1. The VOUCHER contains:
(a) the right to participate in THE EVENT as a PARTICIPANT,
(b) a starter kit, consisting of:
ii. 2 technical shirts,
iv. a starting number,
In case of paying for the starter kit in January or February, the organizer reserves the right to provide the participant with an unpersonalised starter kit.
(c) ROADBOOK for each of the three stages of THE EVENT,
(d) return flight (specific flight as indicated by the ORGANIZER),
(e) bus transfers from the airport of arrival to and from the place of THE EVENT,
(d) drinking water,
(e) at least one overnight stay at a hotel,
(f) at least two stays at campsites in tents,
(g) insurance of medical expenses with the option of high-risk sports.
(d) the deposit of one standard bag received by each PARTICIPANT as a STARTER PACKAGE
(e) hire of a monitoring device to monitor the location of the PARTICIPANT on the route,
(f) the support of a medical rescue team,
(g) prizes for the PARTICIPANTS who have completed THE EVENT:
i. occasional medal,
(h) security training during THE EVENT.
VII. ROUTE AND ROADBOOK
1. During the run, the PARTICIPANTS of THE EVENT are obliged to follow the route marked by the ORGANIZER.
2. For safety reasons, the route will be marked at least every 300 metres.
3. Several natural landmarks may appear on the route and serve as reference points.
4. The exact route of the runs shall be kept secret and shall be made available to the PARTICIPANTS in printed form as navigational information booklet, hereinafter referred to as ROADBOOK.
5. A separate ROADBOOK is prepared for each stage of THE EVENT.
6. Each ROADBOOK shall contain an individual starting number of the PARTICIPANT and the PARTICIPANT shall not change it or assign it to any other person.
7. PARTICIPANTS may be penalized by the ORGANIZER with penal minutes for lack of ROADBOOK during the race.
8. The start of each stage will be preceded by a check-in, during which the ORGANIZER will give verbal instructions concerning the route of the given stage.
9. The ROADBOOKS will be distributed to the PARTICIPANTS by the ORGANIZER during the morning check-in before the start of the stage.
10. On THE EVENT route there are obstacles of varying difficulty level, which verify the efficiency, jumping capacity, strength and mental resistance of the PARTICIPANTS.
11. The ORGANIZER provides for three types of obstacles on the route:
(a) natural, such as mud, sea, hills, rocks, dunes,
(b) artificial, such as walls, ropes, horizontal cross-bars, gutters, water, mud or ice tanks,
(c) mental, such as puzzles, mathematical activities or geography questions regarding Morocco and the Sahara.
12. Checkpoints are established along the route.
13. Each PARTICIPANT must register at the checkpoints in the order specified in the ROADBOOK. The completion of the stage is possible only on condition that all checkpoints indicated in the ROADBOOK have been checked in.
14. Any external assistance to the PARTICIPANTS on the route by persons other than ORGANIZER representatives shall be strictly forbidden under the threat of penalty minutes or disqualification.
15. The scope and amount of the penalties shall be decided by the Director of THE EVENT at the request of another PARTICIPANT or a representative of the ORGANIZER.
VIII. MANDATORY EQUIPMENT
1. Each PARTICIPANT of THE EVENT must bring to THE EVENT:
(a) a passport valid until at least 30 September 2019,
(b) a sleeping bag,
(c) clothing and footwear suitable for the geographical and meteorological conditions at THE EVENT,
(d) a small backpack to be brought to the run,
(e) a forehead torch and a set of spare batteries,
(f) a lighter,
g) a whistle,
h) A ceam with UV filter (recommended UV30+),
(i) a lipstick with a UV filter,
(j) EUR 200 in small notes or the equivalent in local currency.
IX. DRINKING WATER
1. Water is essential for life and the PARTICIPANTS should not be left without access to drinking water during the time of THE EVENT.
2. The ORGANIZER shall provide drinking water to the PARTICIPANTS throughout the entire duration of THE EVENT.
3. Water for PARTICIPANTS shall be available at a designated place in the CAMP SITE.
4. The PARTICIPANTS shall be obliged to supply themselves, at the place referred to in section 3 above, with an adequate amount of drinking water during the run (before the start).
5. The drinking water made available by the ORGANIZER to the PARTICIPANTs during the course of THE EVENT shall be used solely for consumption by the PARTICIPANT; under no circumstances shall the PARTICIPANTS use the drinking water made available by the ORGANIZER for purposes such as, for instance, washing and laundry.
6. The ORGANIZER does not guarantee the availability of drinking water along the route, including control points.
7. The ORGANIZER reserves the right to impose penalties, including disqualifications, on any PARTICIPANT who is found to have misused the drinking water provided to the PARTICIPANTs by the ORGANIZER.
XI. STARTING NUMBERS
1. The ORGANISER will assign each PARTICIPANT a starting number.
2. The starting number will be permanently marked on selected elements of the starter pack and on the ROADBOOK.
3. For the duration of THE EVENT, the PARTICIPANTS are prohibited from using elements of the starter kit with a different starting number than the one assigned by the ORGANIZER.
4. During the run (from start to finish) PARTICIPANTs must have a starting number which is part of the starter kit permanently attached to their clothing (t-shirt, sweatshirt or jacket) at the front (chest) and at the back.
5. ORGANIZER has the right to place the logo of THE EVENT and the logos of the sponsors and partners of THE EVENT on the starting number being a part of the starting kit.
6. The lack of the starting number during the run results in immediate disqualification of the PARTICIPANT.
1. The ORGANIZER shall provide food for the PARTICIPANTS during THE EVENT.
2. Three meals will be provided each day of THE EVENT:
3. The ORGANIZER will make every effort to ensure that the meals are healthy and nutritious, however, it does not provide meals which meet special dietary expectations of the PARTICIPANTS.
1. The ORGANIZER shall provide accommodation for the PARTICIPANTs for the time of THE EVENT.
2. On the basis of the VOUCHER this will include:
(a) overnight stays in multi-person tents, set up in the CAMP SITE in the desert,
(b) Accommodation in a tourist-class hotel in a dormitory.
3. The accommodation provided by the ORGANIZER to the PARTICIPANTs may only be used by the PARTICIPANTs of THE EVENT.
XIV. MEDICAL CARE
1. The ORGANIZER shall provide at least one medical rescue team along the route of the race.
2. The medical rescue team will travel by off-road car with a physician present.
3. The medical rescue team has the right to decide on the elimination of a PARTICIPANT from further participation in THE EVENT if, according to the physician's diagnosis, they cannot continue the race due to physical injuries or the necessity to provide immediate specialist medical care.
XV. RESIGNATION / DISQUALIFICATION
1. Under no circumstances may a PARTICIPANT of the EVENT resign from participation in THE EVENT at the time of its duration without informing the ORGANIZER and signing the relevant documents.
2. The PARTICIPANT may be disqualified by the decision of the ORGANIZER for non-compliance with the Regulations or gross violation of the principles of social coexistence or the good name of the ORGANIZER.
XVI. THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE AGREEMENT AND RESIGN FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT
1. Within 7 days of the date of conclusion of the agreement, which shall be understood as the day on which the following cumulative conditions are met:
(a) the applicant for THE EVENT has completed and sent the application form to the ORGANIZER,
(b) the applicant for participation in THE EVENT has paid the fee for the STARTER KIT,
the consumer has the right to withdraw from the agreement without giving any reason; this right shall lapse after the expiry of that period.
2. In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, the ORGANIZER shall be informed about the decision; such information should be sent by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org The information should contain a clear statement on the exercise of the right of withdrawal as well as an indication of the bank account number to which the paid VOUCHER fee is to be returned.
3. In the event of withdrawal, the ORGANIZER shall reimburse all payments received from the PARTICIPANT without delay, and in any event within 14 days from the date of receiving the PARTICIPANT's decision; the PARTICIPANT shall not bear any costs related to the reimbursement.
XVII. CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT
1. The ORGANIZER reserves the right to cancel THE EVENT at any time without giving any reason.
2. The PARTICIPANTS will be informed about the cancellation of THE EVENT by means of a notice on the website of THE EVENT and an e-mail sent to the address provided by the PARTICIPANT in the application form.
3. In case of cancellation of THE EVENT by the ORGANIZER, the fees paid by the PARTICIPANTS shall be returned in full to the PARTICIPANTS within 7 days from the delivery of the PARTICIPANT’s order to the ORGANIZER, signed by the PARTICIPANT themselves, together with an indication of the account number to which the refund of the paid fees is to be made.
XVIII. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. The official language of THE EVENT is Polish.
2. The official website of THE EVENT is www.runmageddon.pl
3. The Director of THE EVENT is indicated by the ORGANIZER.
4. The PARTICIPANTs are only allowed to bring to THE EVENT luggage which complies with the following requirements:
(a) one standard bag to be received by each PARTICIPANT as part of the VOUCHER,
(b) a travel sleeping bag,
(c) one small backpack to be taken as carry-on baggage,
the total weight of the bag and sleeping bag shall not exceed 20 kg.
5. The ORGANIZER shall not be liable for valuables taken by the PARTICIPANT to THE EVENT, including valuables in the the bag deposited by the PARTICIPANT for the duration of the run. The bag placed in the deposit should contain only everyday items of a total value not exceeding PLN 500. In exceptional cases, after prior notification of such need by the PARTICIPANT, the ORGANIZER may accept storing items with a value exceeding PLN 500. Storage of such items shall be subject to the payment of a fee indicated by the ORGANIZER, appropriate to the condition and value of such items. However, the ORGANIZER shall not be obliged to accept such articles for storage.
6. In addition to the representatives of the ORGANIZER, only the PARTICIPANTS of THE EVENT have access to the CAMP SITE.
7. The ORGANIZER shall have the right at any time to require the PARTICIPANT to present their passport for identification purposes.
8. The PARTICIPANT is obliged to carry his/her own passport for the entire duration of THE EVENT, therefore it is in the interest of each PARTICIPANT to adequately secure the document against damage, destruction or loss during THE EVENT.
9. All services and infrastructure prepared by the ORGANIZER may only be used by the PARTICIPANTS of THE EVENT.
10. In the event of any doubt as to the interpretation of any provision of these Regulations, the binding interpretation shall be that of ORGANIZER