Runmageddon Sahara 11/17.03.2019
I. THE ORGANIZER The Organizer of RUNMAGEDDON SAHARA, hereinafter referred to as an event, are:
a. EXTREME EVENTS ltd. Located in Warsaw (01-640 Warszawa, ul. Jana Chryzostoma Paska 21), registered in the Register of Entrepreneurs maintained by the National Court Register with the KRS numer 0000535982, with initial capital of 9.000, 00 PLN totally paid, logistic company
b. AT ANIMATOR, Marcin Szopa 43-502 Czechowice – Dziedzice ul. Dolna 10 NIP: 652- 135-13-08 (tax identification no.) Concession of Tourism Operators: 1104, Insurance Guarantee SIGNAL IDUNA M514565, Financial Security Amount 312757,50 PLN.
II. EVENT CHARACTERISTICS
1. The EVENT is a multi-stage cross – country run, routes of which are marked in desert and mountain terrain.
2. The basic form of the run is ‘SAHARA 50 with obstacles’ formula, in which during three stages PARTICIPANTS will cover the distance of 50 km. The competition SAHARA 50 is an obstacle course run formula ‘SAHARA 50 with obstacles’ as well as a cross-country run formula ‘SAHARA 50 without obstacles’.
3. An optional form of the run is SAHARA 120 formula in which during three stages PARTICIPANTS will cover the distance of 120 km. The competition SAHARA 50 is an obstacle course run formula ‘SAHARA 120 with obstacles’ as well as a cross-country run formula ‘SAHARA 120 without obstacles’.
4. EVENT PARTICIPANTS can decide on SAHARA formula before starting every stage. Changes in formulas in regard to those declared before the beginning of the event consequently exclude a participant from classification.
5. Information about chosen SAHARA formula the PARTICIPANT must pass to the ORGANIZER at the latest 30 days before the event RUNMAGEDDON SAHARA starts.
6. The ORGANIZER will guarantee professional timing for each participant in hours, minutes and seconds.
7. PARTICIPANTS who will have the best times in all three formulas, at each stage will be rewarded with points, which will be the basis for final classification of the EVENT. Ten best PARTICIPANTS in formula SAHARA 50 with obstacles, SAHARA 50 without obstacles will be awarded from 10 points, for the first position, to 1 point, for the tenth position. Twenty best PARTICIPANTS in formula SAHARA 120 with obstacles and SAHARA 120 without obstacles will be awarded accordingly from 20 points, for the first position, to 1 point, for the twentieth position.
8. The ORGANIZER has the right to set time limits for finishing each consecutive stage
9. During THE EVENT, PARTICIPANTS shall be accommodated in tents at a CAMP SITE set up in the desert as well as in hotels.
10. The CAMP SITE is a tent camp equipped with field washbasins, toilets and ORGANIZER’S infrastructure.
11. Only PARTICIPANTS are allowed to participate in THE EVENT, which means the persons who have made the REGISTRATION to participate in the EVENT in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations and who have paid all the required fees to the ORGANIZER’S account in full.
III. DATE AND LOCATION OF THE EVENT
1. THE EVENT shall take place from 11th to 17th March, 2019.
2. THE EVENT will take place in Morocco.
3. In case of important reasons related to the safety of the PARTICIPANT, the ORGANIZER shall have the right to change the date and/or place of the EVENT, whereby the PARTICIPANTs shall be informed by means of appropriate information on the website of THE EVENT as well as in the form of an e-mail sent to the address provided in the application form not later than 72 hours before the originally planned commencement of THE EVENT. Making any changes in the above respect shall not result in any additional obligations of the ORGANIZER towards the PARTICIPANT’s claims or any claims of the PARTICIPANT against the ORGANIZER.
1. THE EVENT shall only be entered by persons who are at least 18 years old on the commencement date of THE EVENT.
2. The conditions for participation in THE EVENT are as follows:
a. Completion of the application form available on the website and sending it to the ORGANIZER
b. Payment of the voucher fees in the amount and within the time limits specified in Chapter V of these Regulations,
c. Agreeing to be bound by these Regulations,
d. Acceptance of participation in the EVENT at their own risk, bearing in mind the hazards and risks arising from the nature and duration of the run, which may include, but are not limited to, the risk of health harms (deterioration) or the loss of life,
e. Providing separate consent to the processing of the PARTICIPANT’s personal information provided in the application form referred to the above for the purposes necessary to carry out THE EVENT by the ORGANIZER,
f. Consent to free use of the photographic or video image of the PARTICIPANT in media and promotional materials of the ORGANIZER, to the extent specified in paragraph (4) below
g. Possessing and brining to THE EVENT a passport valid at least until 30 September 2019.
3. A model declaration of consents referred to in paragraph 2(c) to (e) shall be attached as Attachment No. 1 to these REGULATIONS.
4. The PARTICIPANT authorizes the ORGANIZER to use his/her image in the following forms:
a. Consolidation and multiplication by any known techniques and distribution in any form,
b. Making available to sponsors and official partners a copy or a duplicate of the image to be used for the promotion of the sponsor or official partners in relation to their participation in THE EVENT,
c. Storing on a computer and in a multimedia network,
d. Reproduction of the image,
e. Public exhibition, display, reproduction, broadcasting and re-broadcasting, and communication to the public, in such a way which allows anyone to access it from a place and at a time individually chosen by them,
f. Presentation and publication in the press, on websites, on posters and on billboards,
g. Television and radio broadcasting, h. Publishing photographs of the PARTICIPANT taken during the run in the form of photographs from the run.
5. ORGANIZERS shall be entitled to grant official partners and sponsors of The EVENT a sub-license to use the image referred to above, to the extent not exceeding the scope of the license granted. The list of official partners and sponsors of THE EVENT is available on the website of THE EVENT.
6. If the list of EVENT PARTICIPANTS is filled, the ORGANIZER may open a reserve list. Inclusion of the PARTICIPANT in the reserve list does not guarantee participation in THE EVENT. The ORGANIZER shall inform the PARTICIPANTS placed on the reserve list about their qualification for participation in THE EVENT not later than 7 days before the commencement of THE EVENT.
V. REGISTRATION AND FEES
1. REGISTRATION for THE EVENT is understood as filling in the application for participation and sending it via the website to the ORGANIZER and paying the VOUCHER fee.
2. The VOUCHER fee should be paid not later than within 7 days from the date of filling in and sending the application form to the ORGANIZER.
3. The VOUCHER fee shall be paid by bank transfer to the bank account provided in response to the application for participation in THE EVENT, indicating in the transfer title the code generated by the registration system or by the quick payment system made available on the website at the time of registration.
4. If the VOUCHER fee is not paid within 7 days from the date of filling in and sending the application form to the ORGANIZER, the ORGANIZER shall have the right to cancel the application.
5. The number of VOUCHERS, which authorize to participate, in THE EVENT is limited.
6. The ORGANIZER shall confirm the receipt of the PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION by e-mail sent to the address provided on the application form.
7. Acceptance of the REGISTRATION is determined by the order of crediting the V transfer to the ORGANIZER's bank account not later than by 15 January 2019.
14. Details regarding the amount of the VOUCHER fee, the bank account number and the date of payment of the fee shall be provided to each PARTICIPANT by e-mail, sent to the address provided by the PARTICIPANT in the application form, upon completion of the REGISTRATION process. 15. Failure to pay the VOUCHER fee within the time limit entitles the ORGANIZER to cancel the PARTICIPANT. PARTICIPANTS shall not be entitled to any reimbursement of costs incurred.
16. ORGANIZER reserves the right to change the amount of fees and discounts at any time without giving any reason.
17. The ORGANISER shall inform about the change of the amount of fees or discounts on the website of THE EVENT not later than three days before the changes come into force.
18. The ORGANIZER allows the possibility of changing the PARTICIPANT's data and transferring the right to participate in THE EVENT to another person after the REGISTRATION process has been completed. Such change however is not allowed past 01 February 2019.
19. The ORGANIZER does not allow the possibility of participation in THE EVENT by persons who have only paid for the START PACKAGE. 23. The price is applicable for departures from airports in Madrid / Paris / Prague / Berlin / Munich / London. The participant has the right to select the airport of their departure.
VI. PACKAGE DESCRIPTION
1. The VOUCHER contains:
a. the right to participate in THE EVENT as a PARTICIPANT,
b. a starter kit, consisting of: i. jacket or blouse, ii.
2 technical shirts, iii. optionally other items. In case of paying for the starter kit in January or February, the organizer reserves the right to provide the participant with an unpersonalised starter kit. c. ROADBOOK for each of the three stages of THE EVENT, d. return flight (specific flight as indicated by the ORGANIZER), e. bus transfers from the airport of arrival to and from the place of THE EVENT, f. catering, g. drinking water, h. accommodation for the duration of THE EVENT, i. insurance of medical expenses with the option of high-risk sports, j. the deposit of one standard bag or backpack during the run, k. run data record (timmings), l. the support of a medical rescue team, m. prizes for the PARTICIPANTS who have completed THE EVENT: i. occasional medal, ii. scarf, n. security training during THE EVENT. VII. ROUTE AND ROADBOOK 1. During the run, the PARTICIPANTS of THE EVENT are obliged to follow the route marked by the ORGANIZER. Precise rules of conduct during the run are explained in “General Rules of Runmageddon Global Run” which is an annex 2 to this document. 2. For safety reasons, the route will be marked at least every 300 metres.
3. The exact route of the runs shall be kept secret and shall be made ava 11. The scope and amount of the penalties shall be decided by the Director of THE EVENT at the request of another PARTICIPANT or a representative of the ORGANIZER.
VIII. MANDATORY EQUIPMENT
1. Each PARTICIPANT of THE EVENT must bring to THE EVENT: a. A passport valid until at least 30 September 2019, b. A sleeping bag, c. Clothing and footwear suitable for the geographical and meteorological conditions at THE EVENT area, d. A small backpack to be brought to the run, e. A headlamp and a set of spare batteries, f. A lighter, g. A whistle, h. A cream with UV filter (recommended UV30+), i. A lipstick with a UV filter, j. EUR 200 in small notes or the equivalent in local currency, k. Sunglasses l. Camel bag or water container of a minimum 2 liters capacity IX. DRINKING WATER 1. The ORGANIZER shall provide drinking water to the PARTICIPANTS throughout the entire duration of THE EVENT. THE PARTICIPANTS are obliged to bring water carrying equipment (camel bag, container, bottle etc.)
2. Water for PARTICIPANTS shall be available at a designated places (regeneration points) and in the CAMP SITE.
3. The PARTICIPANTS shall be obliged to supply themselves, at the place referred to in section 2above, with an adequate amount of drinking water for the run (before the start).
4. The drinking water made available by the ORGANIZER to the PARTICIPANTs during the course of THE EVENT shall be used solely for consumption by the PARTICIPANT; under no circumstances shall the PARTICIPANTS use the drinking water made available by the ORGANIZER for purposes such as, for instance, washing and laundry. 5. The ORGANIZER reserves the right to impose penalties, including disqualifications, on any PARTICIPANT who is found to have misused the drinking water provided to the PARTICIPANTs by the ORGANIZER.
XI. STARTING NUMBERS
1. The ORGANISER will assign each PARTICIPANT a starting number.
2. The starting number will be marked on selected elements of the starter pack and on the skin of the PARTICIPANT.
3. For the duration of THE EVENT, the PARTICIPANTS are prohibited from using elements of the starter kit with a different starting number than the one assigned by the ORGANIZER.
4. During the run (from start to finish) PARTICIPANTs must wear clothes with starting numbers and have their numbers being visible on the skin.
5. ORGANIZER has the right to place the logo of THE EVENT and the logos of the sponsors and partners of THE EVENT on the starting number being a part of the starting kit.
6. The lack of the starting number during the run results in immediate disqualification of the PARTICIPANT.
1. The ORGANIZER shall provide food for the PARTICIPANTS during THE EVENT.
2. Three meals will be provided each day of THE EVENT:
3. The ORGANIZER will make every effort to ensure that the meals are healthy and nutritious, however, it may not include meals, which meet special dietary expectations of the PARTICIPANTS.
1. The ORGANIZER shall provide accommodation for the PARTICIPANTS for the time of THE EVENT.
2. On the basis of the VOUCHER this will include: a. Overnight stays in multi-persons tents, set up in the CAMP SITE, b. Accommodation in a tourist-class hotel or in a dormitory in multi-persons room.
3. The accommodation provided by the ORGANIZER to PARTICIPANTS may only be used by PARTICIPANTS of THE EVENT.
XIV. MEDICAL CARE
1.The ORGANIZER shall provide at least one medical rescue team along the route of the race.
2. The medical rescue team will travel by off-road car with a physician present.
3. The medical rescue team has the right to decide on the elimination of a PARTICIPANT from further participation in THE EVENT if, according to the physician's diagnosis, they cannot continue the race due to physical injuries or the necessity to provide immediate specialist medical care.
XV. RESIGNATION / DISQUALIFICATION
1. Under no circumstances may a PARTICIPANT of the EVENT resign from participation in THE EVENT at the time of its duration without informing the ORGANIZER and signing the relevant documents.
2. The PARTICIPANT may be disqualified by the decision of the ORGANIZER for noncompliance with the Regulations or gross violation of the principles of social coexistence or the good name of the ORGANIZER.
XVI. THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE AGREEMENT AND RESIGN FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT
1. Within 7 days of the date of conclusion of the agreement, which shall be understood as the day on which the following cumulative conditions are met: a. The applicant for THE EVENT has completed and sent the application form to the ORGANIZER, b. The applicant for participation in THE EVENT has paid the fee for the STARTER KIT, c. The consumer has the right to withdraw from the agreement without giving any reason; this right shall cease after the expiry of that period.
2. In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, the ORGANIZER shall be informed about the decision; such information should be sent by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com The information should contain a clear statement on the exercise of the right of withdrawal as well as an indication of the bank account number to which the paid VOUCHER fee is to be returned.
3. In the event of withdrawal, the ORGANIZER shall reimburse all payments received from the PARTICIPANT without delay, and in any event within 14 days from the date of receiving the PARTICIPANT's decision; the PARTICIPANT shall not bear any costs related to the reimbursement.
XVII. CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT
1. The ORGANIZER reserves the right to cancel THE EVENT at any time without giving any reason.
2. The PARTICIPANTS will be informed about the cancellation of THE EVENT by means of a notice on the website of THE EVENT and an e-mail sent to the address provided by the PARTICIPANT in the application form. 3. In case of cancellation of THE EVENT by the ORGANIZER, the fees paid by the PARTICIPANTS shall be returned in full to the PARTICIPANTS within 7 days from the delivery of the PARTICIPANT’s order to the ORGANIZER, signed by the PARTICIPANT themselves, together with an indication of the account number to which the refund of the paid fees is to be made.
XVIII. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. The official languages of THE EVENT are Polish and English.
2. The official website of THE EVENT is www.runmageddon.pl
3. The Director of THE EVENT is indicated by the ORGANIZER.
4. The PARTICIPANTs are only allowed to bring to THE EVENT luggage, which complies with the following requirements stated by an airline providing transportation to the EVENT area. The luggage will include one check in and one cabin bag.
5. The ORGANIZER shall not be liable for valuables taken by the PARTICIPANT to THE EVENT, including valuables in the bag deposited by the PARTICIPANT for the duration of the run. The bag placed in the deposit should contain only everyday items of a total value not exceeding 500 PLN. In exceptional cases, after prior notification of such need by a PARTICIPANT, the ORGANIZER may accept storing items with a value exceeding PLN 500. Storage of such items shall be subject to the payment of a fee indicated by the ORGANIZER, appropriate to the condition and value of such items. However, the ORGANIZER shall not be obliged to accept such articles for storage.
6. In addition to the representatives of the ORGANIZER, only PARTICIPANTS of THE EVENT have access to the CAMP SITE.
7. The ORGANIZER shall have the right at any time to require the PARTICIPANT to present their passport for identification purposes.
8. The PARTICIPANT is obliged to carry his/her own passport for the entire duration of THE EVENT, therefore it is in the interest of each PARTICIPANT to adequately secure the document against damage, destruction or loss during THE EVENT.
9. All services and infrastructure prepared by the ORGANIZER may only be used by PARTICIPANTS of THE EVENT.
10. In the event of any doubt as to the interpretation of any provision of these Regulations, the binding interpretation shall be that of ORGANIZER.